CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hey Look, The Bryson's FIRST Blog Posting!!!

Just so you never miss any of the Bryson's crazy antics, be sure to add our blog to your favorites list: bryson-isms.blogspot.com

DANI'S MOST RECENT "ISM": Yesterday during dinner at home with friends (Checketts) Dani's announces that she has to go poopy. Being as pooping in the potty is a recent and still applaudable feat for Dani, I quickly ushered her into the bathroom and helped get her pants down and bottom on the toilet. Now that she's got the hang of potty pooping, she tends to take her time to empty her bowels - 10 minutes of "Are you done yet?" with a response of "Nope, not yet!" is typical. During this Q&A last night, Dani poops and then pauses and checks out her poop. Everything looks good, so she pushes out the next one, checks it out and then turns to me and says "Look it has a sister!" Now, as a mom, how does one respond to that?!

Here is our TOP NINE (nine is more random than ten) list of EMMA"isms":
9. Last week Emma gave her first talk in Primary. It was on the blessings of paying tithing. Jeremy helped her give her talk, but the funny part came after she was finished. As she was stepping away from the podium she gave everyone the Texas "hook 'em horns" sign with her hands (pinky and index finger up, middle fingers down, thumb on top of middle fingers). All the adults in the room who saw it started to crack up - only in Texas!!! Go Horns!!! (2/7/06)

8. Emma’s Prayers: At dinnertime: "Please bless Mommy to finish drinking her water bottle." She got irritated with me (and Jer and Nat) for laughing while she was finishing up the prayer.
At bedtime last night after getting in trouble earlier in the day for throwing a fit when I came to pick her up from her friend's house: "Please bless me not to be a stinker!" (12/3/05)

7. A few weeks ago a friend was admiring Dani's eyes (they're a blue/gray color right now). She commented on the color and asked Emma if she knew what color her own eyes were.
Emma quickly informed her that they were RED!
"Why do you think they are red?"
"Because whenever my mom takes a picture of me they are always RED!" (2/19/06)

6. A few days ago Emma told me she wasn't feeling good. I asked what was wrong and she said "I think I'm getting POLKA DOTS!" (8/13/06)


5. When she doesn't want to go to sleep: "My bed is GRUMPY!" or "My arms won't go to sleep!" (Classic, repeated frequently)

4. A few weeks ago Emma told me she could speak Spanish. "Hmm, really!?" I said. "Yeah, I can speak ANIMAL Spanish! Mice say "squeek, squeek, squeek", cats say "meow, meow", dogs say "bark, bark, bark, bark!", and whales say "Awooo, Awooo!"
Speaking of being fluent in other languages, Emma told Natalie she could also speak "Rice" language. Then, according to Natalie, Emma went in the bathroom and began saying loudly: "AAAH, MOO, TOILET, HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!" (4/23/06)

3. A few weeks ago as we were driving in the car - out of nowhere - Emma tells me very seriously how "in some countries there are Good Guys and Bad Guys that are fighting, and sometimes the Good Guys die."
"Hmm," I think, "that's pretty deep for a 4-year-old." But before I had time to respond to her profound statement she continues in a serious and somewhat disgusted tone:
"And in some countries, there are PIRATES - and all they drink is ROOT BEER!" (9/25/06)

2. This afternoon I asked Emma why she asked a question she already knew the answer to. Jeremy quickly replied on her behalf that she must have "Drain Bamage!"(Brain Damage) "No!" she exclaimed back, "I don't want to go to college!!!" HUH????? (4/23/06)

THE ULTIMATE CLASSIC EMMAISM: “Mom, I tooted in the backyard… and it made the grass sick!” (Summer 05)

1 comments:

The 5 Happy Dayz said...

I think god makes them say funny things so we have to stop and laugh before we kill them!