CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike/ Charlie Bit My Finger!

Just a quick note to let you know we're battening down the hatches for Hurricane Ike this weekend. My hunch is that we'll end up with only a sprinkling of rain from Ike - that's how it's been in the past: Katrina, Rita, Dolly. But I could be wrong - hope not.

If there's any personal news I'll make sure the word gets out, but I'm sure we'll just get a little wet. At last check the storm is predicted to skim past us to the east.
Anyway, on the upside the school district is releasing the kids 2 hours early tomorrow to use the schools as evacuation shelters for those people closer to the coast ie Houston, Galveston etc. There's the silver lining (umm, for the kids)!

And on a completely different note, here's my laugh out loud YouTube video of the week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM
I've posted a link to it on the right side of the page. Enjoy!!

0 comments: