CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Baptism, Birthdays and Christmas, Oh My!!!

...and Thanksgiving, and an Ironman, and an anniversary, and New Years. Well I think that's everything I'm supposed to blog about. Seems kinda daunting (no wonder I've been putting it off), so maybe I'll take it in chunks. An event a day until I'm caught up.
Let's start with Emma's Baptism:


Wow, that was over two months ago, already! She was baptized on November 7, 2009. She wore the same baptism dress that I made for Natalie. And her Nana Linda gave her a beautiful white dress to wear afterward. She was baptized and confirmed by her dad, Jeremy, at our Stake Center in Round Rock. There were quite a few baptisms that day, but part of what made it extra special was that she was baptized the same day as one of her best friends, Brayden Watson.
Other people who came for the baptism were: Natalie, Dani, Mom and Dad, Nana Linda, the Checketts, Paul and Elizabeth, Lane, LaDonna, and Maggie and Grandpa Doran and Grandma Susan. Two of Emma's Primary teachers, Sis. North and Sis. Weston also came.
President Oldroyd presided over the baptisms and encouraged all the kids to write down their feelings and memories of this day. Of course, Emma and I got so swept up in everything that we didn't write anything down until now. Here is what Emma remembers:
"The water was warm. I was a little nervous and when I got out it was freezing. I remember Sis. Weston and the Primary President and the Bishop were there."
Natalie played a Primary song (Popcorn Popping) on the piano while we were waiting to begin the confirmation. Nana Linda told Emma that she noticed when Emma came out of the water, that she squirted some water out of her mouth, just like a fishy. Nana thought it was cute, but I think Emma was a little embarassed.
After the baptism and confirmation, everyone came back to our house for lunch. We had Chinese Chicken Salad and rolls and cheesecake (Emma's pick - yummy!)
We're happy that Emma decided to be baptized. She looked so pretty in both of her white dresses. It makes me so happy to have children following in the footsteps of Christ. I am so grateful for my Savior. I know that He loves us so much and has blessed us beyond our understanding. I'm especially grateful for the family He's given me and I'm glad to know that we will be together forever.


Tomorrow: Ironmaiden Jen...

0 comments: