IT'S SNOWING IN CEDAR PARK!!! So here's what it looked like an hour ago...
Emma has already left for school (hopefully the teachers let them out on the playground for a quick romp in the, um,"powder"), but Natalie and Dani were totally excited about these HUGE flakes! These flakes definitely rivaled some of the best I've seen growing up in Utah!! But, to be fair I heard that this storm came from Utah - Greatest snow on earth!!!
It was fun to see the snow since it's so rare in these parts, but I still don't miss it. I guess 20 years in the stuff does that to you. But seeing the happy, red faces of the girls made me realize how different my childhood was from theirs. I grew up with snow every winter in a rural mountain valley, skiing every weekend. They're growing up in the typically warm Texas suburbs of Austin, where the A/C doesn't usually get turned off until Thanksgiving! And we can go camping in March without freezing!
It's all good!! Hope everyone is staying warm, though!!
1 comments:
wow! I can't believe the huge flakes! Enjoy, I'm sure it won't last long....what fun!!! love you all, g-ma Linda
Post a Comment