Okay, this week Dani has outdone herself in the Dani"ism" department (and my memory actually retained three of them long enough to blog them.)
After taking a swig of ice cold lemonade Dani declared: "Mom, my tounge is cold!"
"Mmm, hmm." I answer.
Then a few seconds later she continues: "Yeah, it's so cold it hurts! I think I need to go to the doctor to get a new tounge!"
(I guess "Elmo Goes to the Doctor" really made an impression.)
On Friday, Emma dressed up like a cowgirl for a Texas celebration her class was having. When Dani saw this, she too decided that she wanted to dress up like a cowgirl. So after already having put on her pink shorts and pink shirt, she throws on her red boots and her purple rodeo queen cowgirl hat and moseys on downstairs. She finds me in the kitchen and declares: "Mom, I'm a cowgirl! And Emma is a cowgirl too! And you are a Cow!!!"
(Umm, I'm sure she was just a little confused since I hadn't come down to breakfast with my boots and hat on too.)
Finally, yesterday at the Checketts I hear Dani upstairs say out of the blue to 10-year-old Berkeley: "Berkeley, do you want to eat a booger?"
To which Berkeley replies "Whhaat!?"
(Yes folks, this is one of those rare times when not actually "being there" may make the joke funnier! Imagination is a wonderful thing!)
Christmas Day - 2015
10 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment