So, guess what!? Emma lost another tooth on Tuesday! We knew it was loose but we didn't want a repeat of tooth number one, so we were just biding our time. Anyway, she came home from school sporting a new hole in her mouth and a tooth-shaped tooth holder from the school nurse's office. She was smiling so big and she was so happy cause she managed to get this one out on her own and there was no drama and no PAIN!!! We were all very happy for her (and relieved that we weren't going to have another loose-tooth meltdown!)
Anyway, Tuesday night she went to bed and got up about an hour later. She came downstairs with a red face and tears in her eyes. I asked what was wrong and she broke down saying she wanted to leave a note for the tooth fairy but she couldn't spell "Please". My first thought was - Oh Yeah!!! I almost forgot the tooth fairy needed to come tonight - whew, glad Emma reminded me... to, umm "leave the door unlocked!" Then I told Emma to calm down and I would help her write the note.
She got a new piece of paper and a pen and I spelled out Please for her. She wrote it out and then asked how to spell "dollar" so I spelled that out for her. But then she broke down again because she'd messed up with her pen and she couldn't erase it. I tried to tell her to just scribble it out and keep going, but she wasn't having that. So I offered to write the note for her. Here's what she dictated to me:
"Please give me 100 dollars..."
I about choked when I heard "100 dollars"! How much cash did she think the tooth fairy kept on her?! I delicately tried to explain that there might be a chance the tooth fairy didn't give out that much money for a tooth. She had this look in her eyes like "Well, one can always hope!" So I let that conversation drop thinking I'd, um, let "the tooth fairy" get creative with that one later.
Then Emma proceeds to dictate the rest of the note:
"...and..."
AND!!! THERE'S AN AND!!!?
"...and a comic book."
:Wow," I think, "this kid's got a lot of Moxie!" (bonus points using Ryanne's company name, hee, hee!!!)
So now I tried my best to explain that the tooth fairy isn't quite like Santa or the Easter Bunny. She typically only brings money, not toys, because she's so small and it's hard to carry toys. Once again I got that "One can always hope" look.
So she trotted off to bed with her note and I gave a look to Grandma Joyce (yes, she's here visiting for Nat's birthday tomorrow) that basically said "hmm, that tooth fairy's got her work cut out for her!"
So I believe I heard the tooth fairy land in Emma's room about 2am that night. She was a little late because she had to stop and write the following note attached to a scanned image of a 100 bill:
"Dear Emma,
Wow 100 dollars? That's a lot of money! You deserve it, but my boss, the Fairy Queen, says I can only give out copies of 100 dollar bills. So I hope you like it!
The Queen says $100 is just too much money for me to carry on my route. I could get robbed by dark Nipsies or Imps (Natalie could tell you about those trickies!)" Sidenote: Natalie has been reading the Fablehaven series. If you liked Harry Potter, you'll enjoy Fablehaven just as much.
Continuing the note: "I'm sorry I couldn't leave you a comic book either, but I don't usually carry anything but dollars to leave. Here is a dollar for your tooth and a dollar for a comic book.
Also, I talked to your mom about this and she said I could give you 30 points for your DS." (Emma is saving chores points for a Nintendo DS.) "She said you didn't need any help for this tooth to come out - and pulled it out without any tears!!! AWESOME!!!
See ya when the next tooth comes out,
Flossie"
2 comments:
Too Cute! She's a smart girl
We loved reading about your moxie girl and Flossie. My girlie will be losing teeth before you know it and now she knows that Flossie cannot deliver 100 dollars or comic books. Thank you!
Post a Comment