CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 16, 2010

This Summer's pictures are finally posted!

Okay, so I've failed miserably to keep up on the blog this summer, but I've finally got the picture slideshows loaded. So I'm hoping that if a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm almost caught up now!!
But just in case you need a little clarification on some of our fun:
One boring day in July we found out about Chick-Fil-A's Dress Like a Cow Day. If we dressed like a cow, and went to CFA we each got a free meal. We talked LaDonna and the girls into joining us. Keely did a great job on Maggie's cow makeup and my girls got creative with their cow spots!
On Aug 3 we took the whole family to San Antonio for an overnight trip that included a fun day at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. We had fun despite the ridiculous August heat and stayed cool in the afternoon at their waterpark. At the end of the day we stayed overnight in a hotel and dinnered at our favorite pizza spot - Costco food court! The next day, Jeremy and I spent some time at the S.A. Temple while the girls watched the big screen and lounged around in the hotel room. Definitely a fun overnighter!
Finally, I mentioned in my last post that I was training for a sprint distance triathlon. Well the training paid off when I finished in about two hours with my training partners, Madi and Christy, on Labor Day morning. Christy and I decided to skip the big crowds and fees of the downtown Austin Tri and do our own. When the word got out we ended up having about 10 friends from our church (youth and adults) join us. Jeremy and the girls were awesome to take pictures and track our times. The weather was perfect with a wonderfully refreshing downpour during the run. (Little did we realize that was the beginning storm of T.S. Hermine which did some serious flooding to our local creeks and rivers two days later.) We had such a fun tri that we're all agreed that more homemade tri's are on the way! Come join us for the next one!

0 comments: