So I just downloaded all the pics from the past few weeks and realized that we seemed to be dressing up for Halloween an awful lot this October. In fact Natalie told me tonight she wore her costume for at least five Halloween events - 3 parties and and 3 trick/truck-or-treats - okay, I guess it was six events!
Thanks goodness Nat's costume didn't require a lot of prep. She went as a hippie. Emma opted to be a vampire for the second year in a row. (Talk about an easy costume, just pull out the one from last year!) And Dani, well for one night she was a princess and then the next day she decided to be a witch. (Once again easy costumes since both were previously used for Halloween.)
Jeremy and I were invited to an adult costume party. When I told Jeremy about it, he immediately told me what he thought he'd want to go as: Nacho Libre!
Of course, for Jeremy, that's the perfect costume! I have to admit that I can't stand the movie (it's soooooo dumb!!!) but I played along and found a nun costume I made over to be Nacho's forbidden love interest, Sister Incarnacion.
I found our costumes at a party store. When Jeremy first put on the one-piece "stretchy pants" outfit I was rolling on the floor with laughter. Not because he looked just like Nacho (which he did), but because the costume was a little short in the, um, mid-section. In order to get the top of the one-piecer over his shoulders it rode really high in the groin area. Jer couldn't raise his arms without raising his voice several octives. I remedied this situation with a few alterations and Nacho walked into the party very comfortable in his "stretchy pants".
On Thursday the 30th, we test drove the girls' costumes at the Vista Ridge High School's trunk-or-treat. They left with so much candy I wondered if we would really need to trick-or-treat the next night. But of course they just dumped out their candy from the night before and headed around the neighborhood on Halloween. Jeremy and Tim took the kids trick-or-treating, while Hilary and I held down the fort from our driveway. The girls had carved their pumpkins earlier that day and we lined the driveway with the spooky and cooky jack-o'-lanterns. And Jeremy lit a fire in our portable firepit and we handed out candy while enjoying the pleasant, almost cool, night. What a perfect Halloween!


The party and games at the Nallira's was lots of fun and the food was great. In fact, Sonya made Rice-Krispy treats with black sprinkles that turned everyone's mouths black - very spooky!
But just in case the girls hadn't made their 5 lbs. of candy quota just yet, they went to Grandma Susan's and Grandpa Doran's on Saturday to their church's Halloween trunk-or-treat (yeah, it was post-Halloween, but who would turn down the opportunity to wear your costume one more time for some more delicious CANDY, CANDY, CANDY!) They had a great time at the party and they spent the night at G&G's, so Jeremy and I enjoyed the carefree life of "non-parents" for 24 hours - that was heavenly. But it did feel a little too quiet without them, so we're glad to have them home again.
Enjoy the new slideshow pics and the video of Princess Dani lovin' Halloween.
0 comments:
Post a Comment