Most of you know that the girls and I just came back from a couple of weeks of fun in the San Diego sun at my parents house. The slideshow of pics is on the right side of the blog.

Natalie, Emma and Dani went out a week before I did with my mom who flew to Texas to pick them up. (Jeremy was working and I was at girls camp.) Before I arrived the girls had gone to the San Diego zoo and the wild animal park (with Grandma Joyce) as well as hit the beaches for a few days.
Once I arrived we continued the whirlwind of fun with Ryanne and her boys and Jen and Rob at Disneyland. Dani loved the carousel and Nemo Submarine ride, while Emma and Natalie had their first tastes of Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Star Tours and Big Thunder Railroad, which they both loved!! We especially had fun on Big Thunder because the fireworks were exploding overhead as we careened across the tracks. The night was a little longer than expected, because we discovered Ryanne had a flat tire on her van when we were leaving around midnight. We had to wait for AAA to come fix the flat since her spare tire was flat too. But the Disneyland security guard and AAA guy were very kind and helpful despite the late night.
We also did a trip to Old Town, San Diego. It's a re-creation of what San Diego first looked like after it was settled. It was fun and free. We toured the buildings, and watched real blacksmiths at work. And got a lot of fun pictures with the cousins. Check out these rules for schoolchildren and teachers in 1872! Don't think any of us would have made it through one day at school there!
Besides living through the escapades of the Day brothers (if you want to hear about those check out my sister's blog: http://the5happydayz.blogspot.com/), we took in some lazy time at the pool and returned to the zoo another day for a fun afternoon. The girls also had a lot of fun hanging out with the Savannah and Sadie Willis. They are granddaughters of my parents' friends/neighbors. We had a great evening of barbeque, games and desserts with them too.
Well, I think that's a brief synopsis of our fun vacation. Of course we're happy to be home, but sad that it's already over. Can't wait for next summer...!
2 comments:
How fun! I had to take a double take on that picture of dani on the merry go round. I though it was a younger emma for a second!
What an awesome vacation. You sure know how to have fun. Thanks for all the "ism." I get such a kick out of them.
Post a Comment