CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Quilts are FINISHED!!!!

So back in September I saw these really cute rag quilts that my friend Sandi had made for her bunkhouse beds. And I thought "wouldn't it be a fun, little project to make one for each of my girls!?" So after THREE long months of having the sewing machine parked conspicuously in our gallery, and spending over 100 HOURS cutting, pieceing, sewing, and clipping - they are FINALLY FINISHED!!! The girls absolutely love them! They each picked out the fabrics they wanted. They are soooo cute and match the girls perfectly.



I'm so happy that they turned out so well, because I never thought I would finish! They weren't difficult to make, just very, very, very time consuming and, well, pretty boring to work on. I could only work for a couple hours at a time before I couldn't stand the monotony of pieceing and sewing over and over again.


Anyway, I wanted to show off the finished products. I owe a huge thank you to my mom and Hilary for helping me finish Dani's last week. And an even bigger thanks to Grandma Joyce and her mother, Granny Veda, who've given our family such beautiful handmade blankets and quilts over the years. It's because of their talents that I even attempted to make and pass down these what I hope will be treasured heirlooms for my daughters.

0 comments: