CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Out of the mouth of an almost 3-year-old...

Happy Birthday to Dani:
Last week Dani and I went into Hobby Lobby and picked out some Christmas wrapping paper. Dani was THRILLED! Apparently the wrapping paper was "just what she wanted for her birthday!" She then informed me that her friends were "going to love it!"
Later, as we're standing in line to check out, she's still in such a good mood that I'm buying her the wrapping paper, that she tells me: "Mom, you're my BEST friend!" How touching, right? Then she follows it up with, "Yeah, and so is Chet!" CHET?! Who is Chet?! She doesn't even know anybody named Chet!! So much for BFF's!

Morning News:
This morning I made some cinnamon toast for Dani and she exclaims: "Mom, this is the best dinner I never had!!!!"

It's My Party And I'll Cry if I Want To:
Tonight we stayed late at the Checketts watching Christmas movies. We also had Maggie, our 1 1/2 year old niece with us. We were sitting around munching on chocolatey (and somewhat chewy) toffee (argh, toffee isn't supposed to be chewy!) Then we noticed that Maggie had really helped herself to the toffee and was covered in chocolate. I grabbed the pieces Maggie was holding and Hilary grabbed Maggie for a serious wipedown. Well being as late as it was, almost 10pm, both Maggie and Dani were beyond tired. This removal of the sweets sent Maggie into a talespin of crying, which somehow disrupted Dani's groove and she fell apart as well. In all this crying, Dani informs me between sobs that I have somehow managed to "ruin her party!" and that I need to start "behaving like a gentleman!!!" Ummm, OK?

1 comments:

Hannah said...

Come on! You're the most gentlemanly woman I know! :)